Cyber Security Training – Can you afford not to?
Cyber Security Training is becoming more important than ever before. As Cyber threats grow, it is becoming more apparent that the weakest security link in your business is your staff. You can have the best IT security systems money can buy. But if your staff are not educated in cyber security they will allow hackers/virus’s into your network. And worryingly, once these guys are in, they are very hard to stop.
Unleashed offer tailored training packages to members of staff. This can be done individually or as a group. Our training sessions will cover the basics of cyber security.
Why do we need Cyber Security?
- Industrial-scale cyber espionage, which targets information, undertaken by criminal gangs and state-sponsored espionage.
- The rise of “hacktivism”, with activists taking on corporates and public institutions by defacing their websites or disrupting their online services.
- Organised cyber-crime that now makes more money from a variety of illegal online activities, acting with impunity as national police forces struggle to respond on an international stage.
- Growing dependency on the Internet as businesses and governments move their services online, closing down traditional ways of engaging with citizens and customers.
- The would be hacker, you can now do a course on ‘You Tube’ on how to be a hacker – All you need is a very inquisitive mind, a lot of patience and a basic knowledge of Linux. So basically any spotty bored teenager could be in their bedroom plotting world domination – scary!
Types of Hacker
- White Hat – Good guys – who do ethical hacking and help prevent the bad guys.
- Black Hat – Bad guys – who are responsible for all the nasty stuff on the Web.
- Grey Hat – Not quite sure – They could be good one minute and bad the next
What are the main Cyber-threats
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS)
- Phishing emails
- 82,000 virus per day
- Zero Day threats – new virus’s that we don’t know about
How do we protect our business against cyber threats?
- Cloud based mail scanning