We have all heard horror stories about digital projects gone wrong but Unleashed would like to share our 5 steps to digital automation.
As we have heard many times over the last 4 months, we are in unprecedented times and we don’t know when or if we will get back to normal. But, life does go on and no matter how hard things are at the moment, businesses have to and will survive. However, we do know that things will change. Nobody knows how long social distancing will last, but I suspect we will be wary of getting to close to colleagues for a number of years to come. Also, many people are getting used to working from home. And for those companies that didn’t like employees working from home, they have had to adapt. So this means processes and procedures will have to change to augment these new working practices. So, how do we go about it?
Well, by far the most cost-effective and easiest way to achieve efficient remote working is to adopt a digital transformation strategy. To help you, Unleashed would like to introduce you to our simple 5 step rule.
5 steps to digital automation
- Test and Train
Simplicity is the key
Sounds simple, well to be perfectly honest, it is and we highly recommend you keep it simple. That way you have a far greater chance of success. To help you, there are now a number of no-code workflow automation solutions out there to help you. And the good thing from your perspective, you can do most of the work yourself. You don’t need to employ costly software developers. Anybody within the business with a bit of excel knowledge can start to design and automate your workflow processes. From a business perspective, it is not only simple but quick and very cost-effective. You can change a time consuming manual process in minutes.
Let’s look at each step in more detail.
- Identify – Every business has a process that is time-consuming and not very efficient. The trick to get started is to find this process and work to automate it.
- Design – Look at this process in more detail and map out each step that you currently take. From there, consult with the person who owns the task and ask them how it can be made better. By working through each step of the process you will then find ways to make it simpler.
- Once you have designed the step, you then put each step into a workflow management solution, such as Kissflow. Once each step has been inputted, you then design the workflow (who needs to see the work and what actions you need them to take). Then add in who will authorise each phase and finally, what your end outcome is and then save it.
- Test – Before anything goes live, you have to test each process fully to see if it meets your needs. Don’t worry if you have to make numerous changes, this is normal as it will take a while to tweak each process to suit. Once testing is complete, you have to train and educate the end-users on the new process.
- Implement – Once you a happy, you can then roll out the solution to end-users.
So, not as daunting as you thought?
Our 5 steps to digital automation are designed to be simple. When you have rolled out the new workflow you can then do all sorts of things with the information. For a start, you now have actionable data that your business can use to help plan and prepare for future work. When the first workflow has been automated, you can then identify other processes to automate. One benefit for this type of solution is that you can have as many workflows as you want for the one cost. This makes it very cost-effective. You will need help and guidance to get started and that is where Unleashed can help. But once the first one is done, you will be able to do the rest yourself. One thing to remember though, if your new process doesn’t work, change it. It is that simple!
For more information get in touch at www.weareunleashed.com.