We are finding that the growing cyber threat landscape is posing a huge challenge to IT departments when it comes to protecting your critical data. This is going to cause more headaches when the new GDPR regulations come into effect in May 2018.
GDPR means you will need to know where your data is stored, find it, catalogue it and control access to it. This presents a significant challenge for IT teams. Wouldn’t it be a lot easier if this could be done automatically?
Research has shown that the weakest point in any IT system is the IT user! This could be through error, negligence or criminal intent. This means new security systems have to be implemented for all IT users visibility on everything that a user will do. Once you have visibility, you have control.
Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention
Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention will allow you to address the human risk. Giving visibility and control everywhere on your network and end-user devices. This means, anywhere your data resides, you can see it. More importantly, you can see who is accessing data they shouldn’t have access to.
- You can quickly meet and comply with over 370 different policies and maintain regulation in 83 countries.
- With our network and endpoint discover tool we can locate and remediate regulated data
- Control from easy to use interface.
- DLP’s customisable preventive controls can help frustrate users who try to circumvent your working practices with the sole intention of stopping that leakage of data.
- No matter where your data resides, in the cloud, dropbox, email or file storage, you can now protect it.
- Train employees to be more aware of what they are doing with messaging
- Auto-encryption allows you to encrypt any data going outside your organisation.
- Fingerprinting off all types of data will allow your own data composers to define the type of data and who can access it.
- You can also identify any data embedded within an image using Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
- Machine learning enables your end users to train the software.
- If a user changes their behavior then this can be flagged by the management console. Useful when people are thinking of leaving and want to take data with them!
Remediate Risk and Respond
For the first time, you will now be able to prevent your data from leaving your business. DLP will stop users emailing, uploading or copying data to a USB drive on or off the network. If the software detects any of the control policies you have in place has been breached, it will not allow the user to complete their actions.
For more details please visit: Forcepoint